Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Well liberals is it time to stop July 4th being a holiday?
(07-05-2023, 07:43 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: If you're not aware of him Douglas Murray is an author and speaker who rejects the current "liberal" agenda and castigation of Western society.  His debate with Malcolm Gladwell is a master class at dissecting and refuting a bad faith arguer.  But he was on Piers Morgan recently (not a fan of Piers usually) and addressed this idea of reparations for slavery or other past wrongs.  It's a quick watch so I'd urge you to give it a shot.  It's extremely well stated.

So, I am certinaly not advocationg for 14 trillion dollar reparation plans. But these arguments have at least a shade of whataboutism about it. Eg. the US should imho avoid to compare itself to Arab countries, on the grounds that being better as them is expected. But mostly, I feel the arguments negate that in all the examples listed, people from now different nations and soieties are concerned. While in the US case, it's about people of the same nation that form one society. Imho, that puts a different light on it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well liberals is it time to stop July 4th being a holiday? - hollodero - 07-06-2023, 10:42 AM