Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Is US ready to shut down power plants?
(07-05-2023, 09:18 PM)treee Wrote: We can simultaneously aggressively push for renewables while also making sure these older power stations are ready to pick up the slack in an emergency right? It's not a binary choice.

Never said it was.  As a matter of fact that is what I was advocating.  The problem is most of the far left are so ignorant of reality, that they only see things a all or nothing (and I guess to be fair the far right is the opposite but the same).  However, I am not worried about them because they have no money (far left).  Govt's don't have the money to make this transition.  It is the energy companies that will move us forward toward the energy transition because they are the ones who #1 - have the money to do so, #2 - Have the KNOWHOW to do so as they have been providing the world power for a over a century and #3 - Are actually doing something about it, which activists are not and cannot and gov't can't get out of their own way to act.

And it's a political bombshell, whichever side you're on especially with politicians more worried about getting re-elected than governing, the two sides are stalemated.  The far left screams "End Oil Completely" which is dumb and impossible.  The govt can't tell them their idiots, nor can the govt work with the energy companies on the Energy Transition because that would look bad, when the far left wants it all black and the far right wants it all white, thus the Energy companies are ignoring both and actually doing something.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is US ready to shut down power plants? - Stewy - 07-06-2023, 12:46 PM