Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Biden likely violated free speech
(07-06-2023, 04:18 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Interesting you mention this tidbit. I was listening to Mark Kaye the other day and he was talking about how politics is becoming eye for an eye (my words not his). In other words, you come after me, I'm coming after you. Which, I'm kind of glad the GOP is finally starting to fight back. They suffered from trying to be the better party by not reacting to the chaos and false accusations from the left. Of course, I know your not going to agree with me because I'm supporting the GOP in my statement, but it's how I see it.

This is objectively wrong. Seriously. The degradation of political discourse can be linked directly to Newt Gingrich's memo. Before that we had Nixon committing crimes and the GOP weaponizing the Red Scare.

But in all seriousness If you look at what has been happening over the past 30-ish years, the GOPAC memo from Gingrich is seen as the catalyst by most experts.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden likely violated free speech - Belsnickel - 07-06-2023, 04:37 PM