Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Well liberals is it time to stop July 4th being a holiday?
(07-07-2023, 07:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Where ya movin' to?  I can't think of any 1st World Nation out there that would allow you any more freedoms than you get to enjoy right here.  As far as tax dollars going to a celebratory fireworks display rather than to charity causes?  You do know that there are groups whose sole mission is to do charity work.  You should consider joining one of them, sounds like your gym affiliation already has you on that path.

Everyone seems to think I'm worried about my freedoms.

Let me be crystal clear here - I'm not worried about MY freedoms.

But I have a wife whose freedoms I worry about. I have a sister whose freedoms I worry about. I have a daughter, 3 granddaughters, 11 nieces, a greatniece, gay friends, trans friends, gay family members, pan family members, trans friends - THOSE are the people whose freedoms are being threatened by one of America's major political parties, and the one that just so happens to have weaseled their way into a SCotUS majority and illegally gerrymandered their way into a veto-proof majority in my state.

I'm a cis white male - I don't have to worry about shit until the religious Right start their anti-Christian pogroms.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well liberals is it time to stop July 4th being a holiday? - BigPapaKain - 07-07-2023, 08:38 PM