Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Well liberals is it time to stop July 4th being a holiday?
(07-07-2023, 08:38 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Everyone seems to think I'm worried about my freedoms.

Let me be crystal clear here - I'm not worried about MY freedoms.

But I have a wife whose freedoms I worry about. I have a sister whose freedoms I worry about. I have a daughter, 3 granddaughters, 11 nieces, a greatniece, gay friends, trans friends, gay family members, pan family members, trans friends - THOSE are the people whose freedoms are being threatened by one of America's major political parties, and the one that just so happens to have weaseled their way into a SCotUS majority and illegally gerrymandered their way into a veto-proof majority in my state.

I'm a cis white male - I don't have to worry about shit until the religious Right start their anti-Christian pogroms.

Appreciate your sentiment, I have friends and a relative or two that are alternative lifestyle.  I'm not sure that outrage will gain them any more acceptance than they merit through their interactions with traditional lifestyle people would gain them.  If you want to be accepted by the so-called main stream, you need to associate and build that tolerance through relationships.  But, that's just my opinion.

As to the bolded, are you saying that the vast majority of Christians in this Nation are actually anti-Christian??
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well liberals is it time to stop July 4th being a holiday? - SunsetBengal - 07-07-2023, 08:53 PM