Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
A Look Ahead To Game One at Cleveland
(07-08-2023, 08:39 AM)kevin Wrote: Browns play Bengals tough, I'm sorry to say. They don't seem to care if we have Burrow, Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Mixon. Browns have beat Bengals with Smash Mouth football. They hit us with Chubb and the other good RB's they have and they pound us in the trenches with their O Line and D Line. They play a rough Defense on us. Browns are all over our Dink Pass stuff and short pass stuff. Browns have Chubb and other RBs, but Browns have hit long passes on Bengals more than on other teams, Mayfield or whoever, and Watson will be no different. So it's a good mix of Smash Mouth with Chubb, and also long bombs air game.

Week One at Cleveland is no easy game. Cleveland will be out to punch Bengals in the nose. Plus Browns do a lot of pushing and shoving after the plays that refs never call. These teams don't like each other.

Starting the season at The Dawg Pound in Battle of Ohio means Bengals better be ready. Browns have beat Bengals a lot lately with Smash Mouth Football, and also hitting some wide open deep passes. They usually have a tough D, but their offense is like the 1950's or 1960's Browns of good tough RB's but the ability to throw the ball.

I hope Bengals win, but since Browns have been winning most of the Bengals vs Browns games lately, Bengals will have to be on their game to get out of Cleveland with a win.

Anybody that says Bengals will win easy, I hope so myself, but past games with Browns tell me this will be one hard Week One game for both teams. Browns love to hit Bengals in the nose and play Smash Mouth. Their O coaches love that they have a stable of RBs to go with Chubb.

A tough game right off the bat. I'm rooting for Bengals, but no way I would bet money on this one.

As always though, GO BENGALS. Can they win at Cleveland ? Yes. A hard rival game on the road though. Bengals better knock the rust off in preseason, and be ready for Dawg Pound Home Opener.

In 2021 when Bengals went Super Bowl, the worst Bengals looked that year was the first Browns game. Coach Taylor went pass happy never even trying to use Mixon. The Browns countered by being all over Bengals pass catchers and throwing Burrow on his rear end. One of the worst coached games ever as Coach Taylor tried to play Touch Football as Browns played Tackle Football. However Coach Taylor learned from that beating, and used the run more on way to Super Bowl. You can't try to play flag football or touch football with The Browns, they will pound you into the turf. If you do not mix the run with the pass against Browns, and try to pass every play, that's a good way to lose and a good way to lose your star quarterback for many games.

Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger

In that game with Cleveland we drove it down the field to the 1 but Joe threw a 99 yard interception to Denzel Ward.

We then took it 9 plays and 75 yards to score. Mixon carried 4 of the 9 plays and a 11 yard TD run for the score. Then Cleveland went and scored on a drive.

Cincy stalls the next drive and misses on a 4th and 3 at the Cleveland 40. Should have punted but Joe made the wrong call with an ill advised deep throw on 4th to Tee. First play Baker hits a 1 play TD pass. Cleveland 21-7.

Next series Chase fumbles on the fifth play on our 39. Cleveland kicks a FG it’s 24-7.

Next series 2 of the first 3 plays Mixon runs for 1 & 21 yards and later Perine 1. So down 24-7 we run 3 of the ten plays resulting in a FG. End of half.

Our first series of the second half Mixon carries first play and on the second play we get a first down on 11 yard pass to Mixon. Drive stalls after sack. Cleveland goes and scores it’s now 31-10 and then Burrow throws an INT. They kick a FG it’s 34-10.

Don’t know about running the ball getting down like that, yet Taylor still ran the ball down 24-7 on 2 of the first 3 plays in route to a FG.

If we could run the ball like Cleveland we would. That’s exactly what they want us to do. But when you have 3 turnovers to 0 and 5 sacks that’s your story. We did run it only 23 times and throw 42 but I think it was the nature of our early large deficit. We need to play our game and limit turnovers. Protecting Burrow is always the most important thing against Cleveland and stopping their run game.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Look Ahead To Game One at Cleveland - Soonerpeace - 07-09-2023, 01:36 PM