Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bidenomics - How is he doing???
(07-10-2023, 02:00 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: So when will the recovery start to effect all the big increases in the bills the average American is dealing with?

Gas is still sitting at 3.65.  Was 2.20 when Biden took office
MY NG and electric bills are up 100% and 50%
Groceries are still 50%+ higher then when Biden took over.

I pay approx. 600-800 more a month since Biden took over and I don't believe I am alone.  The war on fossil fuels isn't helping.

Well, it isn't just Americans. It is a global issue. Gas is high around the world, but is slowly trending downwards as oil prices have stabilized and supply is going up. Inflation has rocked the entire world, not just America. 

Bels is right. It is an optics issue for the current administration. The issues that Americans are facing are a global issue and not Biden or anyone else's fault in particular but he will shoulder the blame here. It is residual effects from COVID and the Russo-Ukrainian war. Many people erroneously believe that the president has a lot more power than he does. For instance, on the gas topic. People love to talk about how cheap gas was under the Trump administration, but a fun little factoid is that gas actually went up under the Trump administration. The cheapest gas of nearly the last 20 years was under the Obama administration in 2016. His 2015 year also had low gas prices. Now, of course, this wasn't because Obama did something amazing that brought low gas prices. It happened due to production booms in the U.S. and the market dictated that price. The U.S. is producing a lot of oil right now, close to all-time high amounts of oil. I would be careful about believing the "War on Fossil Fuels" headlines. I'm not saying they are completely false as the Biden administration is really incentivizing renewables, but the U.S. oil industry is doing very, very well. 

I can't provide an answer of when that recovery will hit the average American, but I can say that the president gets undue criticism and praise over things like this when it really isn't under his control. This isn't occurring due to Biden, it is just occurring as a part of worldwide occurrences. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Bidenomics - How is he doing??? - Luvnit2 - 07-10-2023, 12:53 PM
RE: Bidenomics - How is he doing??? - KillerGoose - 07-10-2023, 04:02 PM