Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
California has spent billions to fight homelessness. The problem has gotten worse
(07-12-2023, 09:44 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I see you criticizing his attempt at a solution, just as he criticizes Newsome's attempts at reducing the homelessness in California.  What would you suggest that they do to reduce this huge and costly problem?

Yes, I did correct him about his "solutions".

Since you asked I think we need to work more with, and invest in, social programs.  We need to know why they are homeless and address each one vs a blanket program.

Homeless vets?  We have the VA system to help too.

Mental issues? We need to go back to helping them and not just throwing them back on the streets.  This might involve looking at how our insurance works in this country.

Runaways?  Provide safehouses.  Provide counseling.  Help with job placement so they can work and not get taken advantage of on the streets.

There is more obviously and they all involve "throwing money" at the problem versus just saying "we don't allow homeless people in our town so we don't have any."  At least IMHO.

I see you criticizing by attempt to criticize he attempts at a solution.  Luvnit's "attempts" to solve the homelessness problem were about 1) immigrants bringing in drugs 2) laws? which laws? 3) Just make them move somewhere else.

What do you suggest?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: California has spent billions to fight homelessness. The problem has gotten worse - GMDino - 07-12-2023, 09:55 AM