Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Biden's Economic policies are a plus
(07-12-2023, 11:41 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Interesting.  I’m still paying 3.65 for gas vs 2.20 when Biden took office.

Interest rates are still high compared to when Biden took office.  

My NG bill is still at a 75% increase.
My electric bill is still 50% higher.
Groceries where I live are still 50% higher.
Car prices are still ridiculous.

You guys can type all the words you want, hell I’m sure there are a couple here who will write 50 paragraphs, but I am not seeing any real relief compared to prices when Biden took office.

Well, then what you're explaining is the exact policy many in the GOP espouse and this is known as the free market economy. What is the free market willing to pay? Then let the free market decide on its own what they're willing to pay. Does any of this sound familiar when listening to a member of the GOP?  

In Ohio, I paid $3.09 for gasoline, $2.99 for a gallon of Milk, and less than $2 for a dozen eggs.  So you may want to look into price gouging by your local vendors and consider alternatives. You paid $2.20 for gas b/c no one was using it due to COVID lockdowns and there was a huge supply of oil.  What did you pay for a gallon of gas in July of 2018?

Interest rates are high b/c they have been increased to tamp down consumer spending and encourage more fixed-rate savings.  This is one of the tools used by the Federal Reserve to help lower and keep inflation in check. 

Here's a link that addresses most of the concerns you have and energy and car prices have been dropping tremendously.  You also could be experiencing a demand issue b/c many of the auto manufacturers are just now getting their pipeline bottlenecks worked out.  If you're car shopping, utilize the internet and be willing to fly someplace and drive your new car home. 

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/cpi.nr0.htm
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden's Economic policies are a plus - BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI - 07-13-2023, 12:13 AM