Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Biden's Economic policies are a plus
(07-13-2023, 09:44 AM)GMDino Wrote: Smirk

I kept hearing yesterday after the inflation news about this being a good sing of a "soft landing".  I assumed that meant without a recession?  Is that accurate?

And do you think we'll see a reduction in interest rates if the trend continues?  Or will they error on the side of caution?

I believe you said you feel we were at 0% for way too long anyway.

We were at 0% for too long, much like our taxes have been too low for too long and or government spending has been going up every year for too long. But that's all more fun to get into.

The experts say that this all points to a recession not being as near to the horizon as was previously thought. This is good news. I do still expect a recession in the near (within 5 years, say) future, but we're good for now apparently. We will still see rates go up for a bit because the magic number for the Fed is 2%, and we're at 3%. So, expect rates to go up more this year. In all, these are good economic signs, though.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden's Economic policies are a plus - Belsnickel - 07-13-2023, 10:00 AM