Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Biden's Economic policies are a plus
(07-13-2023, 10:24 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Sure, and I was being a little overly simplistic on what your views actually are. You're completely right that things are still priced high but it doesn't necessarily preclude the economy from doing well. For instance, you mention OSB. I don't know why this particular price hike happened, but the reason lumber prices have been so high is a combination of tariffs, extreme weather reducing supply and housing shortages. Tons of demand with minimal supply causing the prices to go up. It's the same story with gas prices. It is largely the same story with most things, to varying degrees. Supply chains were disrupted heavily during COVID and some markets are still feeling it. I can't for sure tell you why groceries are so expensive right now other than supply/demand, but the economy is doing well, or at least better than many will give it credit for. 

I really felt lumber prices last year. We built a house and due to increased materials, it ended up pricing out at $430k. The same house pre-COVID would have been $350k or so but we weren't ready to build at that point. Things can change quick. 

It's going to get alot worse. The number of skilled labourers are dropping drastically every year... which of course I dont mind just means I can charge more lol.

As for the economy doing well its not but it's not nearly as bad as most predicted going into 2023. The second half of the year they are predicting declines compared to the first but unless something happens we won't see a recession... this year at least.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden's Economic policies are a plus - Synric - 07-13-2023, 10:44 AM