Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Biden's Economic policies are a plus
(07-13-2023, 10:24 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Sure, and I was being a little overly simplistic on what your views actually are. You're completely right that things are still priced high but it doesn't necessarily preclude the economy from doing well. For instance, you mention OSB. I don't know why this particular price hike happened, but the reason lumber prices have been so high is a combination of tariffs, extreme weather reducing supply and housing shortages. Tons of demand with minimal supply causing the prices to go up. It's the same story with gas prices. It is largely the same story with most things, to varying degrees. Supply chains were disrupted heavily during COVID and some markets are still feeling it. I can't for sure tell you why groceries are so expensive right now other than supply/demand, but the economy is doing well, or at least better than many will give it credit for. 

I really felt lumber prices last year. We built a house and due to increased materials, it ended up pricing out at $430k. The same house pre-COVID would have been $350k or so but we weren't ready to build at that point. Things can change quick. 

Holy Christ!!!!!!!   Well I am very happy for you!!!  I will only see that kind of money in my dreams.  lol.  I feel I make pretty decent money and have a professional type salaried job and my buying power probably gets me a 150k house at the absolute most and that is probably stretching it.  I paid 90k for my house and it's a 4 unit, so we rent out 3 apartments and live in the large original main part of the house.

I am not specifically blaming Biden.  Policies do play a part though.  One of my biggest beefs is the worldwide lockdowns.  I was never for this other then a couple weeks at the very beginning.  It is what really crushed everything and it was pointless and a horrible decision.  100% avoidable.

I just get frustrated with people saying the economy is doing much better, on the right track, etc.  While that may be true, there is nothing in my reality that reflects that monetarily.  My costs are either still just as high or going even higher for whatever reason.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden's Economic policies are a plus - Mickeypoo - 07-13-2023, 11:10 AM