Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Clarence Thomas and the Billionaire
(07-13-2023, 05:39 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, I disagree with you on two of these.

First, I disagree that questioning the integrity of our elections is an attack on democracy. To this day I do not have any problems with anyone questioning the integrity of the 2020 or any other election. I just require that there be evidence provided before actions are taken. Questioning is good. Continuing to push conspiracy theories that have been disproven and taking anti-democratic actions based on no evidence are problematic. There is a difference.

I also have no problem with anyone questioning the integrity of any official in the press. If you have receipts, bring them. If there are questions about the integrity of someone, bring it up. Just back up your claims. That is all I want. I understand the concerns about court packing, but right now even talking about court reform gets a hiss from certain segments. The SCOTUS is not beyond reproach, they are a political body whether folks like to pretend otherwise or not.

Here's the thing, I largely agree with you.  But I am damn sure going to hold the far left to the standards that they themselves set on this topic.  Also, we both know that the attacks on SOCTUS by the Dems is motivated by nothing more than a desire to prime the pump for packing the courts and, by your own admission, to use delegitimizing them as a campaign point.  Deliberately, aggressively, and significantly eroding public trust in one of the three branches of government to further the aims of a political party is as nefarious as it gets.  Also, let's not pretend that Schumer didn't directly threaten justices by name in an attempt to sway their decisions.  The Dems are merely taking their cue from the majority leader here.  

All of this is made even more noxious by pointing out that this is the first time the court hasn't swung to the left in decades.  As abhorrent as I find the GOP most of the time they never went after the court like this despite being "stabbed in the back" by their appointees time and again.  The Dems shit their pants literally the minute the court swung right and they haven't stopped since.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Clarence Thomas and the Billionaire - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 07-13-2023, 06:28 PM