Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Biden's Economic policies are a plus
(07-14-2023, 12:28 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: As per the norm, you are misrepresenting what I actually said.  I'm not sure why you do this.  Not only is it dishonest, but it doesn't advance a conversation.  What I actually said was if a business relies on employing illegal immigrants that they pay less than mandated by law then you have a garbage business model.  A rather large difference between what you claimed I said and what I actually said, no?

Probably not for very much longer.  Automation is likely to severely cut into those numbers in the relatively short future.  The real big one will be when they automate trucks and eliminate the need for drivers.  Much better to get ahead of this issue than try and pay the diminishing numbers of these jobs more money until they don't exist any longer.  A second industrial revolution effect on employment is rapidly coming and it's not going to be pretty for those that don't prepare.

I was simply responding to your saying that we shouldn't be allowing drive thru workers to be able to support a family when they should be doing other jobs that make more money not interpreting what you said.

I remember in the 80's an older lady (probably in her 40's when I was a teen) who worked drive thru.  Her husband had passed away and she had a child to raise.  Stella was not going to do the kind of job that involved more schooling just to make more money.  So instead she worked hard (and sometimes two jobs) in order to provide for her family.

Kinda set in my mind that not everyone will be able to do those "make more money jobs" so we should pay people for the jobs we need.  McD wasn't hurting for money...lol.  In fact I made a couple bucks over minimum wage back in the day because I was a reliable worker.

I certainly hope you are right that those industrial jobs, with the good wages are coming back.  The trend since the Regan 80's needs to be reversed sometime.  I just hope the union busting, profit over people mentality gets reversed too so we don't have the jobs but not the wages.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden's Economic policies are a plus - GMDino - 07-14-2023, 12:51 PM