Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Biden's Economic policies are a plus
(07-14-2023, 12:51 PM)GMDino Wrote: I was simply responding to your saying that we shouldn't be allowing drive thru workers to be able to support a family when they should be doing other jobs that make more money not interpreting what you said.

Yeah, I didn't say that either.  

Quote:I remember in the 80's an older lady (probably in her 40's when I was a teen) who worked drive thru.  Her husband had passed away and she had a child to raise.  Stella was not going to do the kind of job that involved more schooling just to make more money.  So instead she worked hard (and sometimes two jobs) in order to provide for her family.

Yes.  One does what one must.

Quote:Kinda set in my mind that not everyone will be able to do those "make more money jobs" so we should pay people for the jobs we need.  McD wasn't hurting for money...lol.  In fact I made a couple bucks over minimum wage back in the day because I was a reliable worker.

I certainly hope you are right that those industrial jobs, with the good wages are coming back.  The trend since the Regan 80's needs to be reversed sometime.  I just hope the union busting, profit over people mentality gets reversed too so we don't have the jobs but not the wages.

There will always be a need for electricians, plumbers, AC repair people, automechanics, etc.  We, meaning society, did a lot of people a real disservice by making everyone feel like college was the next step after high school.  College isn't for everyone, and there's no shame at all in being a skilled worker.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden's Economic policies are a plus - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 07-14-2023, 02:33 PM