Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Biden's Economic policies are a plus
(07-14-2023, 02:33 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yeah, I didn't say that either.  

Yes.  One does what one must.

There will always be a need for electricians, plumbers, AC repair people, automechanics, etc.  We, meaning society, did a lot of people a real disservice by making everyone feel like college was the next step after high school.  College isn't for everyone, and there's no shame at all in being a skilled worker.

I wish these options were talked about more and more acceptable when I was in high school.  Late 80's/early 90's.  Everything was always college, college, college and I knew it wasn't for me and had no idea what to do.

I had a hell of a time in high school.  Made it out with a C/C-.  Sitting me in a classroom all day and then being told to do another 1-3 hours of non-active type work every night was putting me in a perfect situation to fail and felt like a form of literal torture.  I'm pushing 50 and I can still give my very athletic 15 and a half year old boy a run for his money in all things football and baseball.  I have tons of energy to this day.

I am very hands on.  Taught myself how to do construction, electrical, plumbing, I have gutted and remodeled 2 bathrooms, built a shed from scratch, landscaping, rebuilt car motors and most anything mechanical, I can fly airplanes, have replaced roofs, installed mutiple fences hand digging 3-4ft deep post holes, etc, etc.  And none of those things were work related.  I just did them for myself or for my house/family and I enjoy working like that.  Thank goodness I ended up in the military.  Was the best decision I ever made.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden's Economic policies are a plus - Mickeypoo - 07-14-2023, 04:50 PM