Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corey Dillon miffed over perceived RoH snub
(07-14-2023, 02:06 PM)tms Wrote: The more I think about it, the more I'd put Dillon in the category of Justin Smith- and I don't hear anyone talking about him yet (and rightfully so). Both spent 7 years in stripes. Dillon had loftier numbers but Smith at least stayed through the transition. He saw some team success alongside his own. He was never the right schematic fit for the defense- especially under Marv- but still produced, and went on to some incredible years on the Bay (as Dillon did in Foxboro). Smith's tenure was a bit rocky with his holdout on the way in, Dillon with his diva display on the way out. They both have similar, arguably long-shot cases for Canton.

Anyway, just thought that was interesting. Haven't heard a peep about J. Smith. I wouldn't be surprised if Dillon doesn't even know how many (or rather, how few) Bengals have actually been inducted. He just resorts to his default reaction, which is to complain. And certainly not to apologize.

Justin Smith was one of my favorite players and never understood all the hate half the fans had for him when he played here either. 

Dude was a player and never took plays off, even played ST's on defense.

Same with the hate for Peko, never got it. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Corey Dillon miffed over perceived RoH snub - Go Cards - 07-14-2023, 09:10 PM