Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Explosive Runs Are The Key For Us This Season!
(07-16-2023, 03:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Mixon sounds all in, we will see from his effort in pass protection this season. If he shows effort you will not see me hating on him 
near as much. If he can show effort in pass protection and try to be more consistent in his running, where he hits holes with urgency 
and follows his blockers he could have his best season behind this OL.

Not expecting this though, I am expecting Chase Brown to make some nice runs and gain a ton of snaps as a rookie. Brown has the
skills Mixon does not. Great vision, balance and is a willing pass protector. Either way, our running game should be way improved.

Certainly hope you’re right about Brown although I’ll remain skeptical regarding a rookie 5th round pick until he proves otherwise.  I have very little faith in Williams as he has not shown much so far in my opinion.

I like Mixon, but as you say, he needs to use better vision and hit the holes with urgency. Quit the dancing and hesitation a-la Le’Veon and use his jump cut ability to make guys miss and run through tackles.  He has occasionally shown pass blocking ability but needs to show more effort and consistency before the coaches can trust him to protect Burrow.

Still, I’m very concerned about the RB room.  Regardless of the outcome of Mixon’s court case, I fully expect the League to levy a one or two game suspension given that our schedule starts with two divisional opponents.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Explosive Runs Are The Key For Us This Season! - SouthernFan - 07-16-2023, 04:50 PM