Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome to the Jungle Jordan Battle
(07-16-2023, 03:45 PM)Synric Wrote: He was considered small when he came out but now Vinny Rey would be a larger LB with Ok speed. He was about the same size as Logan Wilson at 6'2 240 and ran a 4.58 close to Pratt's time. The NFL linebacker changed pretty quickly they are all like 6'0 230lbs now probabaly has something to do with all the wide zone teams were running the last 6 or 7 years.

I wasnt considering their skillsets just their careers. Vinny was an excellent backup and one of the best special teams players in the NFL. He was the Special Teams Captian and a team leader which are the qualities that Darrin Simmons who specifically asked for Battle noted when talking about him.

True about how Linebackers have gotten smaller over the years and needing to be much faster. 

I guess I understand your comparison a bit more after this. No doubt Vinny Rey was one of the best ST's players Simmons ever had.

Both Lou and Simmons have been gushing over Battle, we will see if he can be near as good of a ST'er as Vinny was or push for the 
starting spot beside Dax this year over Nick Scott. When I watch Battle's highlights I am really impressed, he is always around the ball.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Welcome to the Jungle Jordan Battle - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-16-2023, 05:09 PM