Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Explosive Runs Are The Key For Us This Season!
(07-16-2023, 04:50 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: Certainly hope you’re right about Brown although I’ll remain skeptical regarding a rookie 5th round pick until he proves otherwise.  I have very little faith in Williams as he has not shown much so far in my opinion.

I like Mixon, but as you say, he needs to use better vision and hit the holes with urgency. Quit the dancing and hesitation a-la Le’Veon and use his jump cut ability to make guys miss and run through tackles.  He has occasionally shown pass blocking ability but needs to show more effort and consistency before the coaches can trust him to protect Burrow.

Still, I’m very concerned about the RB room.  Regardless of the outcome of Mixon’s court case, I fully expect the League to levy a one or two game suspension given that our schedule starts with two divisional opponents.

All understandable, nice post. I honestly wanted us to double dip in the Draft at RB so this wouldn't be as much of an issue.

But I understand with how the Draft shook out why we didn't. Chase Brown was a steal in the 5th round, if Mixon doesn't play much 
better this season he will take a lot of snaps from him. How many times last year did Mixon have a giant hole in front of him and he 
wouldn't just run through it? Seems like dozens of times. Brown won't miss those holes or play hesitant like Mixon does, like you say 
like LeVeon Bell. It is okay to do that when your OL is allowed to hold all game long, but that isn't the case for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Explosive Runs Are The Key For Us This Season! - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-16-2023, 05:16 PM