Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Should the government pay off student's debt?
(07-17-2023, 01:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: Sure thing.  

Then if the recruit doesn't make it you got the meat for your grinder AND don't have to pay for someone else's education.

Win-win I guess.

https://thoughtcatalog.com/jacob-geers/2016/04/soldier-tears-apart-join-the-military-opinion-for-getting-free-college/

[Image: 12938322_10206600447826051_2616307073597318938_n.jpg]

I'm not against any one joining because they want to, or because they can get a "free" education (it's not free either...still our tax money paying for it).  Our daughter's ex went and got a good education in carpentry.  Then he got out and didn't go to college.  It worked for him.

And the fact that they KNOW it is nothing but a recruiting tool is one reason so many oppose other "free" programs.

But it should not be the only option for a free education.  Other countries have done it.  Why can't we?

Oh crap...I remember why.  America has this mythos of "If *I* had to do something one way everyone should.  Why should it be easier for someone else!"

So dumb.  

I always thought our job was to make it easier for the next generation.

John Adams, the 2nd President of the United States, once said:

What a country.  What a world.

On the premise of working off your debt, what do you suggest as an acceptable solution?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should the government pay off student's debt? - HarleyDog - 07-17-2023, 02:20 PM