Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Should the government pay off student's debt?
(07-17-2023, 04:33 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I'm against paying these college debts. But, if it's something we are going to do, I believe they should earn it. That's not a lot to ask. Why is it you think they should get it free? What makes these students so much better than everyone else before them who worked hard for it. It's not my fault if they didn't read the terms of the loan. It's not my fault they chose low-paying degrees. 

Some would say that seeing has college used to be a lot more affordable, and wages for graduating college educated people used to be more competitive with inflation, depending on who you voted for this situation may be more of "your fault" than you think.  Going to college didn't always put you so far behind this 8 ball, historically. 

If there is one thing I've noticed across our economically-driven threads in here it's that there is increasing bi-partisan realization that our 43 year quest to maximize corporate profits in the hopes that it'll be a driving force for universal financial gain is coming up short, to say the least.  Someone might be "at fault" for that.

Personally, I'll pay off my student loans...I'm just sick of people looking at my generation and complaining that we aren't spending enough money supporting any business that isn't Nelnet.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should the government pay off student's debt? - Nately120 - 07-17-2023, 05:04 PM