Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Should the government pay off student's debt?
(07-17-2023, 04:33 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I'm against paying these college debts. But, if it's something we are going to do, I believe they should earn it. That's not a lot to ask. Why is it you think they should get it free? What makes these students so much better than everyone else before them who worked hard for it. It's not my fault if they didn't read the terms of the loan. It's not my fault they chose low-paying degrees. 

Well, public education k-12 is "free." And we think children should get that because it elevates the nation economically and in many other respects.

One thing that bothers me about "education" now, which is mostly higher vocational training, 

is that many private entities who have control over and benefit from that training have socialized its cost.

Back in the 19th century, big businesses paid employees to learn accounting if they needed accountants.

They recognized quickly the advantages of socializing costs of education. Taxpayers then paid for math skills.

Now students are training to help employers, but going in debt to pay for it them selves. 

What a sweet system for corporations. No one is even looking their direction.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should the government pay off student's debt? - Dill - 07-17-2023, 06:13 PM