Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Should the government pay off student's debt?
(07-17-2023, 06:12 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think there is a big misunderstanding among people on who to lay blame. We are now facing gen z. The laziest, fragile, and entitled generation in history. Millennials are not so bad anymore. I'm a gen x'er. The last company I worked for, we used to have meetings on how to attract gen z'ers to get off their ass and come into the workplace. No kiddling. One idea was to put an x-box in the breakroom so they could play games during breaks. Sigh.

I stumbled upon this father/son duo on reels I found really entertaining. https://www.facebook.com/reel/1421201285086617

Some say the American pastime is baseball, but I say the American pastime is complaining about what lazy and entitled losers the younger generations are.  I'm not even sure if it's my generations fault for being so crap since we were raised by baby boomers who were apparently total crap according to the WWII generation.

If you're gen Z you were raised by parents who were dressing up like chicks during the hair metal era and snorting coke like it was nothing more than taking a coffee break.  Kids today never had a chance.  Or maybe gen Z was raised by people who grew up idolizing Beavis and Butthead, I can't even keep track.

Also, putting an X box in the break room makes sense these days.  Lord knows it isn't like the good ol days when people could afford to spend their money and their breaks giving themselves cancer.  Oddly enough, the lowest paying jobs I had gave me nothing more than access to vending machines, an ashtray and an old newspaper on a table for my breaks and the highest paying jobs I've had had free kegs of beer, fancy coffee, food and snacks, pool tables, big TVs, arcade machines and other silly little bonuses.  

I've lived long enough to know that the perks are for the people who don't really need them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should the government pay off student's debt? - Nately120 - 07-17-2023, 06:33 PM