Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Should the government pay off student's debt?
(07-17-2023, 06:12 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think there is a big misunderstanding among people on who to lay blame. We are now facing gen z. The laziest, fragile, and entitled generation in history. Millennials are not so bad anymore. I'm a gen x'er. The last company I worked for, we used to have meetings on how to attract gen z'ers to get off their ass and come into the workplace. No kiddling. One idea was to put an x-box in the breakroom so they could play games during breaks. Sigh.

I stumbled upon this father/son duo on reels I found really entertaining. https://www.facebook.com/reel/1421201285086617

I've never thought this argument held much water. We have been complaining about the young generation for thousands of years at this point. They are always lazy, entitled, rude or whatever else there is. I remember hearing it when I was a kid, too. It's never been right, but I promise one day gen z will be complaining about the newest era, too. 

They are just different. The issue is that people don't like different. Having a gaming console in the break room is a great idea, especially if it improves morale. My last office job had an Xbox, a keg, pool table, arcade games and a bunch of other things. The whole office loved it and it was great for folks to go burn some time if they didn't have anything else to do. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should the government pay off student's debt? - KillerGoose - 07-17-2023, 06:36 PM