Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Should the government pay off student's debt?
(07-17-2023, 06:13 PM)Dill Wrote: Well, public education k-12 is "free." And we think children should get that because it elevates the nation economically and in many other respects.

One thing that bothers me about "education" now, which is mostly higher vocational training, 

is that many private entities who have control over and benefit from that training have socialized its cost.

Back in the 19th century, big businesses paid employees to learn accounting if they needed accountants.

They recognized quickly the advantages of socializing costs of education. Taxpayers then paid for math skills.

Now students are training to help employers, but going in debt to pay for it them selves. 

What a sweet system for corporations. No one is even looking their direction.

Tell me if i am wrong, but you appear to be talking about apprenticeships. Trust me apprenticeships have been around for 60 years. Do you realize to get some college degrees it is the college that requires the student to work in their field. One of my daughters has a nursing degree, she had to work for free for nursing homes and different hospitals her junior and senior year.

It is just the large corporations that are an easy target, it is a lot deeper than that and be going on for at least 50 years non stop that I have personally seen.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should the government pay off student's debt? - Luvnit2 - 07-18-2023, 01:32 AM