Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video gamers! I need your help!!
(07-20-2023, 09:24 AM)Stewy Wrote: HL is an excellent game.  It has nothing to do with HP himself as it is set during the Goblin Rebellions, which were mentioned in the books and movies.  All of the HW sets/scene and Hogsmeade scenes are from the movie sets and the graphics are fantastic.

The combat is very challenging.  The most important spell is Repulso, which allows you to deflect most spells and other attacks.  When upgraded it is completely OP, BUT necessary.  It never gets repetitive either.  The problem with the combat and difficulty is that success relies so completely on defense (repulso and rolling out of the way), that you better not miss one.  On Easy and lower difficulty you get a color cue AND get shown the key to press to Repulso (Flashing yellow icon Yellow and Y button on Xbox) and roll (Red and B) that missing them can be very very bad. On Normal and higher difficulties you get a very subtle yellow or red clue but no button indicator, so until you're used to looking for the color instead of the icon, I'd suggest starting on Easy difficulty.  Once you've faced 20 goblins/dark wizards at once, Easy won't feel easy, trust me.

Talents - 
CORE are all critical.  
SPELLS - make sure youl ike using the spells before you upgrade them.
Repulso - upgrade everything about it.  At max it stuns (Stupify), damages and curses the enemy.

If find myself switching spell sets for different mobs. Huge groups of spiders and zombines I like Accio over Repulso. I can gather them in groups and AoE lol.

I agree to start out on easy which is something I never do in games and the combat had a massive learning curve on normal.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Video gamers! I need your help!! - PhilHos - 07-19-2023, 10:31 AM
RE: Video gamers! I need your help!! - Synric - 07-20-2023, 10:06 AM