Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Let's talk about income inequality
(06-09-2015, 11:24 AM)Ben Richards Wrote: this is the original thought.   Really?  Easy to define?   

i said "hey, you can't define progress as someone passing a class, and here is an example of why."

No, this was your actual response:

"Tell that to the morons at UNC taking fake courses and passing them.  I'm sure this is the only institution where that happens.  Yeah, real easy to define."

The example of the UNC scam as a reason grades dont indicate progress is what is actually naive. Obviously there have to be safeguards in place to sniff out abuses...just like with any other program. But if a student is attending legitimate classes regularly, and getting passing grades, that is a pretty good indicator that they are making progress and working towards being a more productive member of society. If they are not attending regularly, or are not passing a set number of classes, then their progress is negligible. And Im not saying they should be kicked out for failing a class or two, since everyone knows some classes are harder for different people. But a continued failure of many classes basically will eventually come down to 2 things...effort, or mental capability. If they dont have either, then they need to move on to other areas of life in which they can contribute to society. Not everyone is cut out to be an executive. Many folks are more talented and creative with manual things. My neighbor isnt academically gifted, but the dude can fix anything or come up with ideas how to fabricate anything you need.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's talk about income inequality - Beaker - 06-09-2015, 11:38 AM