Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corey Dillon miffed over perceived RoH snub
(07-20-2023, 11:24 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Far and away the best defensive SS in team history, HoFer, multiple GG winner, IIRC, he won the SS *9* times and a 30/30 season.

Sorry you disagree, but Larkin would have started at SS on every team in the league for almost his entire career (his first two and final 4, of 19 years, so 13 of them), save for ARod and Nomar's peak years and that's a fact.

Even at Rose's best, he would've started for maybe half the teams in the league at whatever position he played that respective year.

65th in career WAR, after playing 254 MORE games in his career than the next closest person Carl Yastrzemski and 518 more games than the next closest person in hits (Cobb).

What does Rose have over Yaz to show for it? More runs, hits, doubles and triples. All stats that go up, the more you play.

That's it. Yaz obliterates him in everything, even walks!

The ONLY PEOPLE on the planet that would take a prime Pete Rose over Yaz any time, are homers that are Reds fans, that's it

I'm truly baffled that with all of the hard data and metrics in 2023, people are still arguing about Rose being a top 50 player, with counting stats that he solely achieved due to how much he played; I mean really, how do you play THAT long and you're still 65th in WAR? 

Absolutely baffling.

Kinda like how Gordie Howe was NEVER considered the best hockey player ever, 'cause he played for 9,000 years.

So longevity doesn't count? I suppose you have Andrew Luck up there with Tom Brady cause if Andrew Luck had played 20 years....

The dude played "that long" and still has a lifetime BA 18 points higher than Yaz. So is lifetime BA also something Yaz "obliterates" him in?

How about fielding, versatility, and base running? Does Yaz "obliterate" him in all those too? 

The bolded let's me know the has run its course.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Corey Dillon miffed over perceived RoH snub - bfine32 - 07-21-2023, 12:05 AM