Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Florida Schools to Tell Kids Slavery Benefited Black People
(07-21-2023, 08:36 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I have to begrudgingly respect the game of any political party that can convince people that wearing a mask at wal Mart or seeing a person in drag is devastating while being captured and enslaved is actally kind of good for you.

It's like Jimmy Cliff in reverse. I'd rather be a puppet or a slave than free to see things I don't like. 

I had the unfortunate experience of being around a person like this last weekend. Most of the people I interact with on a daily basis are conservative, and that's fine. They are your run of the mill conservatives, but I hadn't yet met any extremists - until last weekend. My wife is friends with a lady at work and they invited us to the lake. We already know these people, and she is a nice lady but her boyfriend is a massive, massive, douche. I so strongly dislike him. Learning about his political beliefs made me dislike him even more. 

He started talking about how slavery is often mischaracterized and many of the slaves were happy/grateful to be in the situation they were in. He started talking about how, on a trip to Bahrain, he saw many slaves and they all seemed "so happy" to be able to work and get paid some kind of meager salary. He followed it up by saying he would love to see "every liberal ***** go work in those conditions" so he could listen to them complain. It didn't end there, though. He started talking about how the Amish don't have any recorded autistic kids because they don't vaccinate their children and that the reason he didn't get the COVID vaccine was so he didn't develop autism. He started talking about how there are chemicals in the water that turn people gay, how sunscreen is actually the thing that gives you skin cancer and not the sun. He praised Hitler as a genius, while quickly mentioning that he was a bad person but he was a GENIUS. 

I was floored. The dude was a walking, talking, breathing caricature of all of the absurd things I have only seen people on the internet talk about. And I had to sit on a boat with this guy for eight hours. I was ready to drown myself by the end of the day.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Florida Schools to Tell Kids Slavery Benefited Black People - KillerGoose - 07-21-2023, 12:12 PM