Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corey Dillon miffed over perceived RoH snub
(07-21-2023, 11:53 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I've always felt that of modern Reds (1990 through now) that Chris Sabo is a grossly under appreciated guy. He was a MONSTER in the 90 playoff run and a fine player. Injuries ultimately killed his trajectory. Oh, and... uhhhhhh, that corked bat thing. But, ummmm, we don't have to talk about that.

I went to the bar at Hofbrau to order a beer and looked to my side after placing my order, and lo and behold, there sat Chris Sabo. I chatted him up, never letting on like I knew who he was (no glasses). They brought my beer, and after telling him to have a good evening, I said "by the way, loved your play for the Reds, that 1990 season is one of my best teenage sports memories". He looked kinda shocked that I hadn't brought any of that up until then, or asked for an autograph or picture. He said "thanks man, and thanks for a normal conversation." He was trying to be low key, and I obliged him. Nice guy to talk with.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Corey Dillon miffed over perceived RoH snub - Wyche'sWarrior - 07-21-2023, 12:17 PM