Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Why couldn’t we keep the momentum going after the 2006 season?
(07-22-2023, 12:46 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Right. IIRC, that was the "We're on to Cincinnati" quote from Belichick. The Chiefs kicked the crap out of the Patriots that week and then everyone was burying the Patriots. Well, the Pats ended up kicking our asses that next game. 

Then the following week we saw the worst Roughing the Passer call in NFL history on Justin Smith that propelled the 0-4 Bucs to a win over the 3-1 Bengals. 

EDIT: Nope, that wasn't the "We're on to Cincinnati" year. 2014 was. I was way off.

Yeah I was gonna say I did not think that was the year of "we're on to Cincinnati". 

The only thing that's sticks out to me we had 45-51 loss to the Browns or whatever that crazy score was in the game. Then our mojo seemed to go with that as it seemed like we really struggled to score pts after that. At least as well as my memory serves. 

This year to me is really gonna be how well our secondary can hold up after losing 3 pretty key pieces. I'm hopeful the offense can pick up the slack.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why couldn’t we keep the momentum going after the 2006 season? - NUGDUKWE - 07-22-2023, 01:08 AM