Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Why couldn’t we keep the momentum going after the 2006 season?
I love that that era is being forgotten. I don't think fans in the future will fully understand just how tough the sledding was for Marv & co. Even in the golden age of Carso, it often seemed too good to be true. You were just waiting for the next shoe to drop. I don't know if that explains the lack of success post-2006, specifically, but it was on my mind as a fan. You couldn't help it. And the league's coverage of the team reflected it too. The Bengals might have been on the up and up, but the Bungles cast a long shadow. The inferiority complex was just sooo deep then, which might have led to all the playoff woes to come.

I'm so glad we increasingly look at it through the narrow lens of talent. Because it's true- the roster was terrific. They should have been more active in FA, more popular throughout the league, and enjoyed a period of extended success. It all seems so simple now. The demons have been exorcised. And when we take that long-awaited sip from the Lombardi, it'll taste that much sweeter for it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why couldn’t we keep the momentum going after the 2006 season? - tms - 07-22-2023, 03:10 AM