Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McCarron gets a taste of Play-Off action BEFORE play-offs
(12-27-2015, 07:57 AM)BayouBengal Wrote: Well for what its worth this is what Colorado news is saying about AJ and his big game resume. 

Monday Night doesn't scare AJ 'Big Saturday' McCarron

"Not one NFL quarterback has played in more big Saturday games than the Cincinnati Bengals' AJ McCarron.

Not Tom Brady when he was at Michigan. Not Peyton Manning at Tennessee. Not Drew Brees at Purdue or Ben Roethlisberger at Miami (Ohio) or Andrew Luck at Stanford or Cam Newton at Florida/Auburn or Jameis Winston at Florida State,

Marcus Mariota was close at Oregon but he only played three years for the Ducks. McCarron was a four-year starting quarterback for the University of Alabama."

It could just be their way of being pessimistic tho

McCarron didn't start 4 years. Sure, he played some games his rookie season, but he wasn't a starter. McElroy started his freshman season and finished the season out.

He lost his last two BIG games. A game against Auburn and he lost their next bowl game.

McCarron was essentially a game manager in Alabama. His first bowl game he rode Trent Richardson and Eddie Lacey that game. 0 TDs and 0 INts. It was all defense from Alabama.

They destroyed ND. Which I'm still happy about, because I didn't believe that team had any reason to be ranked that high.

His final season? Lost to Auburn (hard fought game).
But his Oklaholma game was DREADFUL.

Let's not act like McCarron has always been calm in every big time game. He hasn't. When it comes to big time defenses that can rush him, McCarron struggles. And that's why this Monday night is going to be a huge test for him. He's done well in college, but never done well as an underdog. This is his first test.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: McCarron gets a taste of Play-Off action BEFORE play-offs - wolfkaosaun - 12-27-2015, 08:11 AM