Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mitchell Wilcox is back and on the PUP list
(07-24-2023, 11:06 AM)Au165 Wrote: He was actually a mirror image of Hurst last season in terms of efficiency when Hurst missed time. I think the position within the offense just kind of generates a certain output but nonetheless nice having someone that does have experience and has stepped in before.

We’ll look at the defenses teams play against us. Cover 2 shells where the safeties play over top against Chase and Tee. Our TEs basically get wide open if they can read some defense correctly. When you are doubling both Chase and ages overtop AND giving Boyd extra attention over the middle SOMEONE has to be getting wide open. I’m looking every forward to how we’ll get Charlie Jones in the offense too. He’s a guy i think by week 8 teams will have to give extra attention too.

How do you guard empty backfield, Jones, Boyd and Chase stacked on one side with Tee solo on the other side and Irv Smith in line running a medium to deep route? If you double shade both safety’s over top of Tee and the trips stack, you basically HAVE to let Irv and Jones go 1 on 1 or you have to hope our line still sucks and just hope you can get pressure before the deeper routes materialize.

Iv watched alot of football and the only way i can think to guard that consistently is to only rush 3 and play full zone
-Housh
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mitchell Wilcox is back and on the PUP list - Housh - 07-24-2023, 06:45 PM