Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Florida Schools to Tell Kids Slavery Benefited Black People
(07-24-2023, 09:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Because that is how you are choosing to read it.  As to "was slavery beneficial for the slaves?", to answer that one, one has to ponder weather their modern day descendants are better off in America where they have the opportunity to prosper, or if they would have been better off back in Africa with their native tribes.  Don't forget, English people didn't invade Africa and capture slaves, they were conquered by domineering tribes and sold to the highest bidders.

I'm listening to him, not reading it.

But hey I guess if another country takes you, your kids, and your grandkids, puts them in chains for 100 years or so and then treats them like 3rd class citizens for another 100 maybe we can find a couple that did well and say they were "better off"?

Don't forget white people were more than happy to buy black people and make them slaves.  

To that point though I wonder if we should consider more immigration to give these people a chance to be "better off".

Anything that puts a positive spin on slavery or the holocaust is wrong.  That really shouldn't be something anyone would argue about.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Florida Schools to Tell Kids Slavery Benefited Black People - GMDino - 07-25-2023, 09:56 AM