Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Fox's Greg Gutfeld #1 Show beating all of the late night comedians
(07-25-2023, 01:05 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You're giving it much more praise than I would, but you've clearly seen more of it than I have.  I think the panel style definitely helps overcome Gutfeld's lack of comedy credentials, I doubt he could hold attention on his own.  As for scorn heaped on Dems, is that really any different than Colbert or Kimmel?  When was the last time either of them said anything bad about a Dem?  Colbert hangs out with Chuck Schumer.

Once you start down the "projection" and "insane mirroring" road, 
then the issue is not whether there are Dem comedy shows which foreground politics. 

No one is complaining about "heaping scorn" or assuming only one side does it. 

The "projection" question has to do with whether the comedy is uncritically buttressing 
propaganda, and dangerous propaganda at that, for an audience chronically susceptible to
and acting on lies--fraudulent election, witch hunts, Dem weaponization--which are largely
disseminated and maintained via media like Fox. 

Pally has correctly noted that Luvnit did not start this thread because he just likes apolitical comedy
and thought we could all use a laugh. The show's popularity confirms for him its messaging 
about fraudulent election, witch hunts, and Dem weaponization. 

The show is part of what called social "backing" on another thread, which strengthens a group's
perception of "validity." 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fox's Greg Gutfeld #1 Show beating all of the late night comedians - Dill - 07-25-2023, 01:56 PM