Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Fox's Greg Gutfeld #1 Show beating all of the late night comedians
(07-25-2023, 01:34 PM)Dill Wrote: I "observed" someone say it's a comedy, not about politics.

It's clearly both.  Maybe to more of an extent compared to Fallon, but probably not much more than Colbert or Kimmel.  But late night comedy and politics have become inextricably linked since the end of Carson and Letterman.  Maybe Conan could be thrown into the mix as well, as I don't recall him ever being very political.

Quote:When observation shows Gutfeld is MAGA politics based comedy. Really nothing else.

Careful, if you use the term MAGA a few more times they're going to offer you the White House press secretary position.

Quote:I don't dispute that three people commented from "some Fox cult angle."

I should hope not.

Quote:Just wondering why that is not an appropriate observation for a comedy show
that buttressed Trump's Big Lie for months, and now supports Trump's
"weaponization" charge with comedy material about one standard for
Hunter Biden and another for the guy who attempted a coup. 

Maybe because within Fox viewers there are still differing opinions?

Quote:So someone saying "Fox sheeple" isn't doing more "projecting" than "observing" because "it's a comedy show." 
And it is not "normal observation" which sees only "insane mirroring" in such statements.

And pointing out that several posters here are religiously adherent to the Dem script in much the same fashion is an equally valid observation.  I know you'll say it isn't because Dill said so, but it is.  One of your buddies is so indoctrinated he couldn't even take a female athlete at her word when she said she'd get destroyed playing against men.  To him she had to be lying to play along because to not think that way would damage his position.  I've pointed this out numerous times, you are very quick to point out flaws in others, and often times you are correct.  But you are wholly blind to the same types of flaws in people you agree with.  I know you don't see it, and you'll dismiss this statement out of hand, but it's blindingly obvious. 

Also, before you ask, no, I am not going to dig through your posts to find examples because I simply don't care enough to spend the time.  And yes, I know you'll take this as proof that no such examples exist.  

Quote:PS here is a link to Gutfeld's site. No need to watch any of the videos. Just look at their titles:
"Biden has declared war on other Americans," "The Media's strategy to Demonize," Trump Praises Gutfeld," 
"We're Facing a Culture War," "Democrats Are Arresting a Political Rival," etc. 

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=mcafee&ei=UTF-8&p=you+tube+greg+gutfeld&type=E211US1494G0#id=4&vid=d7ee8fcd84c09738c8da39c096e72559&action=click

Yes, he is very much right leaning.  You're not exactly revealing some unknown truth.

(07-25-2023, 01:56 PM)Dill Wrote: Once you start down the "projection" and "insane mirroring" road, 
then the issue is not whether there are Dem comedy shows which foreground politics. 

No one is complaining about "heaping scorn" or assuming only one side does it. 

The "projection" question has to do with whether the comedy is uncritically buttressing 
propaganda, and dangerous propaganda at that, for an audience chronically susceptible to
and acting on lies--fraudulent election, witch hunts, Dem weaponization--which are largely
disseminated and maintained via media like Fox.

Are you claiming that no other late night show has pushed the Dem party agenda? 

Quote:Pally has correctly noted that Luvnit did not start this thread because he just likes apolitical comedy
and thought we could all use a laugh. The show's popularity confirms for him its messaging 
about fraudulent election, witch hunts, and Dem weaponization. 

Well, he's also tossing a baited hook into the water that several people rushed to swallow.  Also, you're not exactly breaking news about people being inclined to surround themselves with people who feel the same way in order to reinforce their perceptions.  This sub-forum provides numerous examples, and Luvnit is far from alone in this regard.

Quote:The show is part of what called social "backing" on another thread, which strengthens a group's
perception of "validity." 

Indeed.  It's kind of like when someone dismisses a extremely learned scholar like Christopher Hitchens because they don't approve of his position.  Ascribing any expertise to those who think differently than us can certainly challenge one's perspective, hence some must avoid it at all cost.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fox's Greg Gutfeld #1 Show beating all of the late night comedians - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 07-25-2023, 02:19 PM