Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Why couldn’t we keep the momentum going after the 2006 season?
(07-24-2023, 01:07 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: I didn't start the thread, but I'll offer a response that represents a number of people here.  Some of us like to discuss the team's history, and that's naturally going to involve some less than positive aspects.  For us, it has nothing whatsoever to do with the current state of affairs.  

If we turn your sentiment around, are we never to discuss the team's past successes if/when we revert back to mediocrity?

Let me make it even simpler.....you walk into your bosses office for your annual review.  All s/he wants to focus on is your faults and to continue to discuss them throughout the year.  And, s/he wants to focus on your failings from 10 years ago and constantly brings those failings up.  How 'ya feeling about yourself, your boss, your job, your company? Let's say you have a spouse who constantly nags you about your failings....ALL THE TIME! How long is it going to take before you put shoe leather up their posterior?

As has been mentioned, we've discussed Marvin, Mike Brown, Carson, Cory, Dalton, on and on and on in hundreds, if not thousands of posts.  You want to keep wallowing in that?  

This is the best Bengals team in their history.  And, some want to discuss the ones that were worse....in the past.....where there's absolutely nothing you can change about them.

So yeah...go ahead and wallow in that.  I try to stay away from all the people I know who insist on living in the past and chronically complain about it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why couldn’t we keep the momentum going after the 2006 season? - Graphicguy - 07-26-2023, 11:01 AM