Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam Schefter says Burrows contract will be way north of Herberts.
(07-26-2023, 07:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I guess there's still time to be wrong, but I never saw there being any chance of Burrow taking pennies on the dollar like some people hoped/expected. Same as I didn't trust that thread earlier in the offseason about Higgins signing for 5yr/$85m.

These guys are high performing professionals in a business with a really short timespan of being able to get paid. Not going to be shocked when they want to be paid according to the market and their skill level.

I tend to agree. I have never given any credibility to the idea that Burrow is going to take a discount. I could always be wrong, but Burrow has already had a major knee injury and admitted to have concussions severe that he has no recollection of games. He understands the volatility of the sport well. He’s going to become the highest paid QB in the league, rightfully so.

I think the idea of him taking a cut comes from someone like Brady, but the notion that Brady took pay cuts is often overstated as well.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adam Schefter says Burrows contract will be way north of Herberts. - KillerGoose - 07-26-2023, 07:44 PM