Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam Schefter says Burrows contract will be way north of Herberts.
(07-26-2023, 07:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I guess there's still time to be wrong, but I never saw there being any chance of Burrow taking pennies on the dollar like some people hoped/expected. Same as I didn't trust that thread earlier in the offseason about Higgins signing for 5yr/$85m.

These guys are high performing professionals in a business with a really short timespan of being able to get paid. Not going to be shocked when they want to be paid according to the market and their skill level.

- - - - - - -

Interesting to note that a PFF guy back in April projected Burrow to get 4yr/$214m. I still think that it'll end up being more than 4 years, but the yearly average ($53.5m) is shockingly close to the ballpark of what he'll likely get. Pretty impressive by them.

I always think the people suggesting a player take a home town discount for the team should ask themselves what comes first in their life? If the answer is family comes first then expect the player to do what is best for their family. To me, taking care of family doesn't include taking pennies on the dollar. Allen Iverson can't feed his family with the fan's goodwill.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adam Schefter says Burrows contract will be way north of Herberts. - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 07-27-2023, 12:35 PM