Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam Schefter says Burrows contract will be way north of Herberts.
(07-27-2023, 12:14 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Straight-end speed doesn't have much to do with how mobile a quarterback is. A quarterback can be fast but just stay in the pocket. In that aspect, I do think Palmer's mobility was underrated because that wasn't his game.

They can, but they typically don't. At least, not now. Palmer was an athletic QB and he could move but it wasn't a developed part of his game. USC had him doing roll-outs and things like that, which he did well on, but it just wasn't as common for a QB to be mobile back in the early 2000's. That's more what I am saying when I say that it was just a product of the era. He had the ability to be mobile, but didn't really incorporate it. 

Nowadays, almost every QB incorporates their ability to scramble around and keep plays alive. I think that if you were to transport Palmer as a prospect to the modern NFL, his game would have shifted a bit to be very similar to Herbert. I think he would have used his speed a bit more and moved around better. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adam Schefter says Burrows contract will be way north of Herberts. - KillerGoose - 07-27-2023, 12:49 PM