Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Mitch McConnell has a "medical incident" at the podium
(07-27-2023, 05:30 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Maybe not. But you have to draw the line somewhere when it comes to political leadership. What we have now looks like a funeral alert.

Voters can draw the line by not voting for old politicians.  As always, we have the power to stop this, we just choose not so...so why are we bothering to ask the government to stop us from making the choices we want to make? 

Plus, if the government made a law that no one over age 70 could run for office I really don't see people saying "Oh, the government banned something?  That's cool, I shouldn't flip out over this."

Fun fact:  you can run for any major office in Ohio at age 18.  Has Ohio had a teenager as governor yet?  Nope, the youngest governor at the moment in 41 and the median age of current governors is 66.  Seems like even when we have no floor to how young we can go, we like our politicians old.  Personally, I'm 41 and a millennial, so I'd imagine a lot of voters would hear that M word and declare me too young and wimpy and lazy for political office.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mitch McConnell has a "medical incident" at the podium - Nately120 - 07-27-2023, 05:39 PM