Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Mitch McConnell has a "medical incident" at the podium
(07-28-2023, 11:30 AM)basballguy Wrote: When I finally got my first corporate professional job I was like maybe 23 and working with people at least twice my age, I met this guy who had a general philosophy of “People don’t know shit until they are at least 40”

I thought it was ridiculous…but after 20 years working corporate jobs for Fortune 10 companies, I think it’s pretty accurate.  There’s a certain amount of maturity in one’s decision making that only improves with time.  

I think 40-60 is the sweet spot for leadership.  ***** 75 and higher is ridiculous lol.  However, if it’s clear their mind is fine then I don’t care.  

In this case it’s abundantly clear his mind is not fine and he should retire.  Same for Biden and Trump

I'd tend to agree, although there are certainly very sharp 20-30 year olds.  It's more a case of not knowing what you don't know.  To your other point, there are 70-80 year olds who are sharp as a tack, but I don't think it's a stretch to say that McConnell and Biden are not among them.  It's a really a shame that your mind and body are totally out of sync in terms of peak performance.  It'd be nice to get around ten years of them being at their highest level together.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mitch McConnell has a "medical incident" at the podium - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 07-28-2023, 11:38 AM