Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Why doesn't the gop run better candidates?
(07-28-2023, 12:30 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I do find one particular point interesting that you brought up. Since 2016, I have ran into a number of people who support/supported DJT that have said something along the lines of "I don't care if he is a terrible person - I like his policy." As you said, that is their right but I find it to be a bit blind. You mention having a person to lead the country, but if that persons moral and ethical standards are in question then I believe it stands to reason that he may not be the best candidate. Certainly there are exceptions to the rule that you laid out and it isn't as simple as you explain because the details of personality will often dictate how effective of a leader they are and how reliable they may be around sensitive information.

Well are we talking at the primaries or at the general election?  I guess I could've clarify a bit more what i mean.  

I like to believe if I ever voted in a primary where there is more to just policy that I would take character into consideration.  But once the nomination is done and the presidential ballot is set, why does it matter?  I know where they stand on the policies that i firmly believe in.  

Edit: Also, I said many voters....that was my caveat :) In my walk of life (which is not in rural america) the circles I operate in professionally and personally have a similar sentiment.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why doesn't the gop run better candidates? - basballguy - 07-28-2023, 12:48 PM