Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Why doesn't the gop run better candidates?
(07-28-2023, 12:14 PM)basballguy Wrote: The thing is....despite what you think you know, many GOP voters DO NOT CARE who the representative is.  Why?  Because we vote with our brains and not our emotions.  We vote for policy and the person.

I don't care if DJT cheated on his wife.  Will he lead the country and support the policies I support?  Then he gets my vote.  

With that said, I really think DeSantis (who is a great leader and excellent candidate) will walk away with the nomination in a landslide and finally get us out of this rut of old people.  Clinton and Obama were in their 40s...i think W was early 50s?  

You don't vote for people you don't like based on their personality (among other things).  You use emotion to vote and that's you're right.

This may be true for you, but MAGA repubs represent about 30% or more of the total base and they do not vote with logic or brains at all, but with emotion and blindness.  I'm a conservative too, and register ed REPUB, but until the MAGA dies, the Democrats get my votes.  

Being blind and being a sheep isn't attractive and that is what a HUGE portion of the repubs are these days.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why doesn't the gop run better candidates? - Stewy - 07-28-2023, 01:12 PM