Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Why doesn't the gop run better candidates?
(07-28-2023, 02:21 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I think I can understand this perspective a little bit more. I don't fully agree with it, but I can at least understand. If someone's position is "Man, this guy is a POS but I do believe in his policies and I don't really have any other options" then it makes sense. I'm sure I could find myself in a position where I wasn't a fan of a candidate personally but supported his election, but it depends on how badly I disliked him personally. For instance, I wouldn't vote for someone that I just found to be abominable simply because they supported policies that I liked. I wouldn't want a person that I disliked so much to lead the country regardless of their platform.

What I tend to struggle with are voters who genuinely don't care how nasty the person is. Racist, xenophobic, hell even rapist. I have ran into people here in Oklahoma that have expressed their thoughts of "don't give a shit what he did, if he ain't a Democrat..." and I just find that thought process to be baffling. That is what I am referring to when I say that I find it to be a bit blind. 

(07-28-2023, 02:24 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: This^^^^

Great people who were more than capable have stayed away from political office due to mudslinging and deep diving into someone's personal history to show the world their skeletons. I don't care who screws who behind closed doors. I do care about someone's direction on where to lead this country. 

I can understand looking past some personal flaw or past mistake but let's use Trump who had a well publicized history of not only bad behavior but literally ripping people off.  Running scams, etc.

And people said "Well, he's a republican so I'll vote for him."

Then he loses, refuses to admit he lost, is facing 40 indictments (and counting) for things he admitted to on tape, and he's STILL the favorite in the primaries.

How much can someone look past just because of policy differences?

I'm not a fan of Chris Christie's policies but at least he's honest when he speaks.  There are others trying to break through on the right and they can't sniff double digits because Trump controls such a large voting bloc.

The mudslinging and the all that stuff aside where is the cut off?  Or is it simply R vs D for too many people?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why doesn't the gop run better candidates? - GMDino - 07-28-2023, 02:46 PM