Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is realistic to get Rodriguez and Lorenzen from DET?
(07-28-2023, 02:57 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I would look in on ERod, but its a hard pass on Mikey Biceps. He wasn’t that good here the first time through and I feel like his passable numbers this year are more a product of playing in a larger ballpark than the player himself improving. I would look into RP instead. It’s cheaper and our bullpen has got to about gassed at this point. Find a solid groundball guy who doesn’t walk many. Shouldn’t cost much in the way of prospects, whereas getting SP will cost a proverbial arm and a leg (top 10 prospect(s). Greene comes back, pushes Weaver to either the bullpen or the street.

I get that. I just don't feel too confident in the SPs the Reds have.

Right now, the only guys I think the Reds should have any faith for postseason rotation are Abbot and probably Ashcraft.

Lodolo - who knows when, or even if, that guy gets healthy enough and knocks off the rust to be reliable by the end of the season
Greene - he was supposed to be back in August, but when? He's definitely a lock for being in the rotation for postseason once he's back, so we'll factor him in.

Is Williamson and/or Lively worth counting on the rest of the way to push for a division win and postseason series win(s)?
Is Connor Phillips really ready to hit the ground running if/when he's called up later this year?

Since I'm typically more pessimistic than optimistic, I'd like to see two SPs added to go along with Greene, Abbott, and Ashcraft.
Then any other guy doing well is just a bonus.
But if we wanted to say the 5th starter can be a rotation of some guys, that guy would be a long reliever in the postseason anyway so I guess just 1 SP is really all that's needed without hoping and praying for the likes of Lodolo/Williamson/Lively/Phillips to dazzle later this year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is realistic to get Rodriguez and Lorenzen from DET? - ochocincos - 07-28-2023, 04:19 PM