Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Why doesn't the gop run better candidates?
(07-29-2023, 02:41 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Yea. The policy of destroying democracy. It couldn't be more clear. I promise there would be a lot more poor and struggling people if 1/6 and the trump coup attempt were successful.

I'm not sure if you remember the trajectory of our country at the end of the trump years. But toilet paper shortages and empty shelves were a thing. To go along with firing a bunch of high level key government personnel who weren't "loyal" enough as he attempted to end your Constitution.

Yeah, this is my mindset.  My reaction to Trump winning in 2016 was "Meh, whatever, let's see how it goes" and by 2020 I realized he was like a backup QB you want to see until he starts playing and that he needed to be replaced with a middling veteran QB ala Biden.

Trump's reaction to losing 2020 and his current 2024 campaign have me ready to vote democrat for the first time since 2008.  I understand the casual sort of support or not caring about Trump's personal stuff and actions in 2016 and even in 2020, but I can't imagine how anyone could have casual support of Trump in 2024.  By this point his entire selling point is that a vote for Trump in 2024 is a vote for Trump avoiding legal troubles and dismantling the checks and balances that were designed to keep the president restricted and at least somewhat beholden to the will of the people.

Again, we all get our votes so do as you wish, but it's odd hearing people still saying that "Trump is going to make life better for us by fixing the economy" when he is laying out a plan to put our country on the path of less stable countries that aren't known for the amazing lives of the peasant class.  But now it's just "Trump needs to be president, and the president when it's Trump needs to be given more power."  Kudos to you if you can get "my life will be better" out of that...I'm skeptical.

the narratives as I sees em'

TRUMP 2016 - let's run this country like a business, nice guys finish last, America first
TRUMP 2020 - keep the above going
TRUMP 2024 - keep Trump from being persecuted/prosecuted, allow Trump to alter our system of government to suit his needs, only Trump can do this, it's all for Trump, he's a republican so you know...economy better or something.  But main point = give power to Trump.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why doesn't the gop run better candidates? - Nately120 - 07-29-2023, 12:47 PM