Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
High School Boys Are Trending Conservative
(07-31-2023, 08:06 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I think this is interesting, thanks for posting Brad. This is the biggest gap for young men, it looks like, that we have had in a while. However, women are trending overwhelmingly liberal, enough so that Gen Z is still deeply liberal (48% Dem to 33% Rep according to this article). What surprised me is that 10 years ago, young adults were split 50-50 on this topic, so it has swung heavily in the liberal direction. I had always heard that young voters were strongly liberal but I wasn't aware how the split was. 

It really is an interesting topic to look at. I sometimes wonder if this is an effect from people like Joe Rogan and other faux intellectuals that push their brand of masculinity and how it is often tied to the current GOP POV. Male teens aren't known for being the most astute and it can be quite easy to play on those insecurities. Given that the messaging from right-wing media tends to lean that way it isn't at all surprising that they can sway them in such a way.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: High School Boys Are Trending Conservative - Belsnickel - 07-31-2023, 08:43 PM